Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Stand for Something


For the last week I have been researching and contacting some of the biggest pro-life advocates and adoption supporters I can find to help me spread the word about my Option Adoption project, (see previous blog post!) http://www.gofundme.com/Save-a-Life (If any come to mind as you read this send the names my way ;0)!

I have to say I am so impressed by what these people have accomplished and the supporters they've gained along the way. They have also accumulated quite a few enemies as well! I read the quote earlier " you've got enemies? Good that means you stood up for something in your life!" So many of them are women that are just passionate about a cause. They are wives, mothers, sisters, students, yet still find time to speak, write and blog about a cause dear to them... and they are making a difference.

As I start working in my own projects, promoting and asking for help to get the music video done for my adoption song, A Better Plan, I feel so passionate about it that it is sometimes frustrating when nobody seems to respond with the same passion! But I have to remind myself that's OK, because I have a vision and it just takes the right person in tune with my vision to help it move forward. It's not in alignment with every one's purpose, but there will be those so moved to take action with me!

I love the quote I posted at the top, it's a great reminder to me that if it were easy everyone would be doing it. That's why I just keep pushing forward. The more obstacles the sweeter the reward of achieving my goal. That being said I'm sending up prayers for as few obstacles as possible and the strength to climb over the ones in my way!

Yet I find as I pursue moving my music forward my life is fuller. I know that the messages in each song uplift, inspire, motivate and heal. The message of A Better Plan is only the first of many that I will stand and create a movement for. Search your heart, find your purpose and stand for something. It will cause you to walk a little taller and strive to be better in all aspects of your life besides fill you with peace and joy knowing you are making a difference and walking with God here on earth!

1 comment:

  1. I HAD NO IDEA YOU WERE DOING THIS. I'M SO PROUD OF YOU FOR GOING AFTER WHAT YOU BELIVE IN AND PUSHING PAST OBSTICLES. YOU ARE AMAZING HEATHER.

    ReplyDelete