Thursday, May 24, 2012

Don't Think you are Making a Difference?


Saw this today and fell in love with it! It took me back to when I spent time in Japan as a missionary. The mosquitoes there are green and huge and can leave scars when they bite so I was EXTRA paranoid, especially when I would lay down at night  on my futon exhausted, just about to fall asleep and here a distinct whine in my ear! Many times I kept my roommate up searching that little bugger down so I could get some sleep!

Last weekend I attended a seminar by Darrell Knoch (www.truewealthuniversity.com) when someone asked the question if they could really make a difference in this world with just their own small actions.  He emphatically course corrected that thinking! One of the things he said that I really related with was "the way you think of yourself is the way you impact the world." So if you want to increase the way you impact the world increase the way you think about yourself, or improve your self esteem and belief in yourself. (For great tips how to improve your self esteem check out Darrell's book , Mastering a Healthy Self Image)

 I saw this image on my friends facebook page and I had to steal it!


Sometimes you are the only one that has a firm belief in who you are and what you can accomplish. But as long as you keep focused on who you see yourself to be you will bring about mighty change in this world! I love this image because even though many may see me as a cat I KNOW I am a lion! And its no one's job to prove it to them but mine!

Just remember, if you don't think that your actions are making any kind of difference in the world, think back to that night when you were just about asleep only to sit upright from a tiny buzzing by your ear! Your impact is greater than you think and just like the ripple effect in still water, you never know how far your actions are being carried.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS POST...SO INSPIRATIONAL, AND I TOTALLY BELIEVE EVERY WORD. GO LIONS...MY NEW FAVORITE MASCOTT.

    ReplyDelete