Monday, January 9, 2012

I am normal?

I have little patience and even get a little mad when people put a label on who they THINK I am, and what I need to do and change based on their perspective. Now I'm not talking about constructive criticism in helping me move forward in my goals and life, I'm talking about the ones that place you in a certain box, get an idea in their head about who you are and because they think they have you all figured out, never really do know you or what you are capable of;  you know the type. Every once in a while I come across them in my life and today was one of those days... soooo for those of you who happened to run into the same type today....

I'm in the mood for a little Disney. That guy created a magical kingdom from a whistling mouse! Walt said a few things that have made me confident to continue pursuing my dreams and thinking outside the box!  The first thing I like that he said, and I ad lib since I can't find the direct quote, but....
If you run an idea by 10 people and 9 out of 10 don't like it, then its probably a good idea!
Walt was backed in this thought by Mark Twain who said
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it’s time to pause and reflect.”

So I guess to find out if I'm on the right course I ought to run every idea on facebook to see if the majority agree with me or not right?!  I have to admit that I'm always a little wounded when I come up with a fabulous idea and no one else seems to catch my vision! But call it pride or determination my heart goes, I'll show you! I am learning that it's probably not because its not a good idea, but their thinking is not quite out of the box enough to see my vision. These thoughts were a good reminder to me today that its OK that not everyone likes my ideas, mannerisms, songs, or even me for that matter! (though that I can't fathom ;0)!)

So I encourage us all to chase our crazy ideas and quit telling the nay sayers all about our ideas, just show them the end result!
Walt Disney says,

"All our dreams can come true- If we have the courage to pursue them"

Dreams are work, but I'm going to like who I become in the process, and people all along the way are going to tell me to get real, and even laugh at my ideas.... but those are the ones I'm especially going to use ;0)!

1 comment: