Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Quit Comparing!

I read a quote posted by a friend of mine the other day that reminded me to appreciate my own unique talents! Thought I'd share in case anyone else needed it too! ;0)

Never think that what you have to offer is insignificant. There will always be someone out there that needs what you have to give.


            We have each been given unique talents and strengths. Our strengths will lift someone in need someday. I don't have to reach the masses, I only need to reach the one that needs what I have to offer. It can be as simple as a smile as I walk through Walmart, or take the time to play princess dress up with my daughter. As women we tend to compare our greatest weaknesses against another's greatest strengths! What an unfair comparison. So quit comparing and start giving! Just as this Christmas season ends I hope we all carry the spirit of giving throughout the year. Not necessarily physical gifts, but give of ourselves, service to our friends, neighbors, or that person that we may not know very well that seems just a little down.

          Not everyone is going to love my songs, and I have to remind myself everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but what is most important is staying true to me, because I am unique and what I have to offer will fill a need in someone somewhere.

1 comment:

  1. That is a fantastic quote!
    Your exactly right...and your music fill many people1 :)

    ReplyDelete